Mountain Bike Riding in the Forest
Who: Neurodiverse young people 10-18 years old
Where: Meeting in Mint Street / Near the Adventure Playgound
What : Join us for a thrill-seeking mountain bike adventure in the Forest. We will be in the heart of nature. Out of our usual Central London into the peaceful and beautiful countryside! At Bedgebury Forest in Kent. Lady Oak Lane, Goudhurst TN17 2SJ
Ratio adults per child is 2.5 adults for 2 young people.
Monday 12 Feb
Meeting at Mint Street Adventure Playground: 9:00am
Collecting at Mint Street Adventure Playground : 5:30pm
What will happen:
1) We will meet at 9 am inside Mint Street Adventure Playground at the entrance to the children's play area
2) Once everyone has arrived, we will take a private coach and drive for 1h30mn
3) On arrival, we will meet our Instructor, choose our bikes and helmets, and have a full briefing of whatever we need to have fun and good security
4) We will go on our ride, and your parents will be able to follow us live! Details to follow.
5) We will have some rest and some Lunch
6) We will then return to London for 5:30pm and meet your parents in Mint Street Adventure Playground!
IMPORTANT: You need to know how cycle to take part in this day out - no previous experience of Mountain bike is needed though. Please wear comfortable footwear that does not slip off (trainers or hiking boots), clothes that may get dirty, a waterproof jacket in case of rain or mud, bring a packed lunch with lots of snacks for keeping energy up, water and a small back pack (you will be carrying this whilst cycling. If children are sensitive to wind, please give them layers and bands to protect their ears. Bring with you anything you need to feel comfortable. Ear defenders are welcome for the journey.
Who will be there with the children? We will be 4 adults with one bike instructor and two SEND specialist. All adults have DBS and safeguarding training.
More info and booking: https://eequ.org/experience/6541